- > Anatomy >
- The Skeletal System >
- The Appendicular Skeleton
The quizzes below each include 15 multiple-choice identification questions related to the appendicular skeleton, and includes the following :
The calcaneus, the capitate, the carpals, the clavicle, the cuboid, the cuneiforms (first, second and third), the femur, the fibula, the hamate, the humerus, the ilium, the ischium, the lunate, the metacarpals, the navicular, the patella, the phalanges, the pisiform, the radius, the scaphoid, the scapula, the sesamoid bone, the talus, the tarsals, the tibia, the trapezium, the trapezoid, the triquetrum, and the ulna.
If you get a question right the next one will appear automatically, but if you get it wrong the correct answer is given. You'll also get an overall score at the end of each quiz.
Learning tip : To get the best from the quizzes start at Quiz 1 for each section, repeat it until you're getting it all correct, then move on to the next quiz.
The appendicular skeleton - The bones of the arms and legs :
Front view :
Quiz 1 --- Quiz 2
The hand :
The foot :
Hand & foot :
In this section we've added a few alternative study aids to help you along.
- Articles - Here you'll find a range of short articles on basic anatomy and physiology topics, complete with a few 'test yourself' questions for each one.
- Images and pdf's - Just in case you get tired of looking at the screen we've provided images and pdf files that you can print out and use for 'off-line' practice.
- Word Roots - When you learn the word roots, prefixes and suffixes contained within anatomical and medical terms, you can often work out what they mean. This can be a useful skill as you progress in your studies, so we've provided a dictionary to help you!
- Games - Finally in the resources section, we've added some simple games to make anatomy and physiology practice a little bit more fun.