- > Resources >
- Articles >
The following articles offer a range of short articles on anatomy and physiology topics, covering just the basics, and also include a few 'test yourself' questions.
The cell :
The skeletal system :
- What are the functions of the skeleton?
- What is the difference between the axial and appendicular skeleton?
- What are the differences between the three classes of joints?
- Name the main body cavities, and their contents
The muscular system :
- Name and give examples of the four main tissue types
- Describe the three types of muscular tissue
- How do muscles move bones?
The integumentary system :
The circulatory system :
The lymphatic system :
The respiratory system :
The digestive system :
- Describe and explain the functions of the digestive system - coming soon -
The genito-urinary system :
- Describe and explain the functions of the genito-urinary system - coming soon -
The endocrine system :
- Describe and explain the functions of the endocrine system - coming soon -
The nervous system :
- What is the difference between the central and peripheral nervous systems?
- What's the difference between the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems?
- What is a neurone?
Malfunctions of the nervous system:
- What is homeostasis?
Other resources :
In this section we've added a few alternative study aids to help you along.
- Images and pdf's - Just in case you get tired of looking at the screen we've provided images and pdf files that you can print out and use for 'off-line' practice.
- Word Roots - When you learn the word roots, prefixes and suffixes contained within anatomical and medical terms, you can often work out what they mean. This can be a useful skill as you progress in your studies, so we've provided a dictionary to help you!
- Games - Finally in the resources section, we've added some simple games to make anatomy and physiology practice a little bit more fun.