- > Physiology >
- Lymphatic System >
- Physiology, Quiz 1
Reference : Human Physiology - Silverthorn
The quiz above includes the following questions :
- 1. Which of the following is one of the three main functions of the lymphatic system?
- 2. What is the name of the clear fluid carried within lymph vessels?
- 3. Lymph is initially formed from the ...
- 4. The lymphatic vessels carry ...
- 5. The lymph is eventually emptied into the blood stream via the ...
- 6. The movement of lymph through the lymphatic system depends on ...
- 7. Lymph is prevented from moving backwards in the lymphatic system by which of the following?
- 8. A second function of the lymphatic system is to absorb and transport which of the following from the digestive tract?
- 9. The special lymphatic capillaries known as lacteals can be found in ...
- 10. The third function of the lymphatic system is to carry out ...
- 11. What is it within lymphatic vessels and organs that acts to defend the body against disease?
- 12. How many major types of lymphocyte are there?
- 13. Where in the lymphatic system is lymph filtered to identify and begin the fight against infection?
- 14. Which of the following is a primary lymphoid organ?
- 15. Which of the following are the secondary, or peripheral lymphoid organs?