- > Therapies >
- Massage >
- Techniques, Quiz 1
A 15 question quiz on the techniques of massage therapy :
Reference : Theory and Practice of Therapeutic Massage, Beck
The quiz above includes the following questions :
- 1. Which of the following techniques is a stroking or smoothing movement that signals the beginning and end of a massage?
- 2. In which direction should massage movements be directed?
- 3. What should you do with clients suffering from chronic fatigue?
- 4. Which of the following can interfere with the flow of a massage?
- 5. You should ask your clients to remove jewellery before a treatment to avoid ...
- 6. What type of massage technique might increase nervous irritability?
- 7. To reduce tension in shortened and contracted muscles it’s best to use ...
- 8. Lymphatic drainage massage techniques are used to help lymphatic drainage and ...
- 9. Massage techniques and approaches may need to be modified for clients who are elderly, pregnant, disabled and/or ...
- 10. What techniques should be used when muscles are tight?
- 11. What technique is best avoided when treating a client who is wheelchair-bound?
- 12. Which techniques should you use with a client in a wheelchair?
- 13. If a pregnant client is lying on her back during treatment, where should you put a pillow?
- 14. A pregnant woman lying in the supine position may ...
- 15. What do male clients often prefer?