- > Therapies >
- Nursing & Medicine >
- The history of medicine, Quiz 2
15 more questions on the history of medicine :
Reference : The Cambridge History of Medicine, Porter
The quiz above includes the following questions :
- 1. The origins of Ayurveda, the system of medicine with historical roots in the Indian subcontinent, have been traced back to around ...
- 2. Which of the following devices did Rene Laennec invents 1816?
- 3. When did James Blundell perform the first successful human blood transfusion?
- 4. Louis Pasteur developed a vaccine for which of the following, in 1882?
- 5. In what year did Karl Landsteiner discovers the existence of different human blood types?
- 6. What did Frederick Banting and Charles Best discover in 1921?
- 7. In what year did Mani Lal Bhaumiklaser first use laser eye surgery (LASIK)?
- 8. What important medical device did Willem J. Kolff first build in 1943?
- 9. The Swedish doctor Hans Christian Jacobaeus performed the first laparoscopy on humans. In what year?
- 10. What did Willem Einthoven discover, in 1903?
- 11. Electroconvulsive therapy was discovered by Ugo Cerletti and Lucio Bini in ...
- 12. In 1967, Christiaan Barnard performed the first ...
- 13. When was the first recorded successful appendectomy performed?
- 14. Who discovered the first medicinally useful synthetic antibacterial drug (originally called salvarsan), in 1907?
- 15. The external defibrillator, as known today, was invented by an electrical engineer called William Kouwenhoven. In What year?