15 more questions on the history of medicine :
Reference : The Cambridge History of Medicine, Porter
The quiz above includes the following questions :
- The origins of Ayurveda, the system of medicine with historical roots in the Indian subcontinent, have been traced back to around ...
- Which of the following devices did Rene Laennec invents 1816?
- When did James Blundell perform the first successful human blood transfusion?
- Louis Pasteur developed a vaccine for which of the following, in 1882?
- In what year did Karl Landsteiner discovers the existence of different human blood types?
- What did Frederick Banting and Charles Best discover in 1921?
- In what year did Mani Lal Bhaumiklaser first use laser eye surgery (LASIK)?
- What important medical device did Willem J. Kolff first build in 1943?
- The Swedish doctor Hans Christian Jacobaeus performed the first laparoscopy on humans. In what year?
- What did Willem Einthoven discover, in 1903?
- Electroconvulsive therapy was discovered by Ugo Cerletti and Lucio Bini in ...
- In 1967, Christiaan Barnard performed the first ...
- When was the first recorded successful appendectomy performed?
- Who discovered the first medicinally useful synthetic antibacterial drug (originally called salvarsan), in 1907?
- The external defibrillator, as known today, was invented by an electrical engineer called William Kouwenhoven. In What year?