15 more questions on minerals :
The quiz above includes the following questions :
- What is the percentage contribution of phosphorus to human body weight?
- Vitamin D has plays an essential role in balancing the levels of which of the following minerals in the body?
- Iodine is required in the body for the synthesis of thyroid hormones. What is the recommended daily amount (RDA)?
- Magnesium is the forth most abundant mineral in the human body. How much of it is contained within bones?
- What is the most likely cause of developing mineral toxicities in the body?
- Hypertension can result from a chronically high intake of which of the following minerals?
- How much iron is there in a typical adult human body?
- Approximately what percentage of the iron in the body is contained in the haemoglobin?
- There is approximately 2g of zinc in a typical adult human body; what is the recommended daily amount (RDA) to maintain this level?
- Brazil nuts are possibly the richest food source of which of the following?
- How many Brazil nuts could you eat to get 100% of your RDA of selenium, without risking overdose?
- Copper deficiency is rare, but consuming an excess of which of the following trace elements could induce it by impairing its absorption?
- Leafy green vegetables, fruits, nuts, cinnamon and whole grains are high nutrient density sources of which of the following trace elements?
- Which of the following trace elements enhances the action of the hormone insulin, helping in the regulation of blood glucose levels?
- A high nutrient density dietary source of chromium is ...