- > Therapies >
- Nutrition >
- Vitamins, Quiz 1
A 15 question quiz on vitamins :
Reference : Nutrition Essentials for Nursing Practice, Dudek
The quiz above includes the following questions :
- 1. How many vitamins are universally recognised at this time?
- 2. How many of the recognised vitamins are soluble in water?
- 3. The four vitamins that are fat soluble are vitamins A, D, E and ...
- 4. What do we call chemical compounds with a similar molecular structure and the same biological activity to a particular vitamin?
- 5. Ascorbic acid is the vitamer of ...
- 6. Which of the following is a vitamer of vitamin B1?
- 7. Which of the following conditions is caused by a deficiency of vitamin B1 in the body?
- 8. Which of the following vitamins is produced by microorganisms in the intestine?
- 9. Scurvy is a disease resulting from a lack of ...
- 10. Which of the following vitamins is synthesised from cholesterol in the skin during sun exposure?
- 11. A deficiency of vitamin D in the body causes weak or soft bones in children, a condition known as ...
- 12. Which vitamin helps to maintain healthy skin and eyes, and strngthens the immune system?
- 13. A healthy vegetarian diet can provide all of the required vitamins, but vegans (who eat no animal products at all) need to take supplements of which vitamin?
- 14. Which of the following conditions can a deficiency of vitamin B12 lead to?
- 15. Night blindness (nyctalopia) is a condition that can be caused by a deficiency of ...