15 more questions on the physiology of the endocrine system :
Reference : Human Physiology - Silverthorn (Amazon link)
The quiz above includes the following questions :
- What is one of the main roles of thyroxin?
- What are steroid hormones made of?
- Which one of these in NOT a function of oestrogen?
- Which area of the brain which produces antidiuretic hormone (ADH)?
- What kind of hormone is oestrogen?
- What is the main function of cortisol?
- Which of these is NOT an indicator of an overactive thyroid?
- What effect does insulin have on blood sugar levels?
- What substance is used to make steroid hormones?
- Glucagon is secreted by which type of cell?
- Which of these hormones is released in response to stress?
- Which of these increases the metabolic rate?
- Which kind of hormone crosses the target cell membrane?
- The main function of parathyroid hormone is the regulation of ...
- Which one of these is a sex hormone?