- > Therapies >
- Nutrition >
- Minerals, Quiz 1
A 15 question quiz on minerals :
Reference : Nutrition Essentials for Nursing Practice, Dudek
The quiz above includes the following questions :
- 1. In nutrition, a ‘mineral’ is ...
- 2. How many major minerals are found in the human body?
- 3. The major minerals are calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium and ...
- 4. The other minerals in the human body are referred to as ...
- 5. Which of the following major minerals is needed in the body for muscle, heart and digestive system health, as well as for building bone and supporting the synthesis and function of blood cells?
- 6. Approximately what percentage of the calcium in a human body is in the bones and teeth?
- 7. Spinach is a good source of ...
- 8. How much sodium is the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA)?
- 9. How much sodium is there in one teaspoon of salt?
- 10. Too much sodium in the diet can lead to which of the following conditions?
- 11. Is iodine a major or a trace element in human nutrition?
- 12. Which of the following foods is a good source of iodine?
- 13. Too much iodine in the diet can lead to the condition known as ...
- 14. Which of the following is required in the body for the production of hydrochloric acid in the stomach?
- 15. If a person is suspected of having anemia, a doctor is likely to take a sample of the person’s blood to check the level of which of the following trace elements?